Dec 30, 2009

Gate Fold Book - My First EVER!!!

Hi Everyone,

I saw a Gate Fold book at my local scrapbooking store and fell in love with the concept. I knew I had to make one... My sister in law recently had a baby boy and figured it would make a very cute keepsake for them.

The back page and the two cover pages are cut from Chipboard and covered with cardstock. I cut the items for the "toy box" on the front with the cricut and mainly used the New Arrivals Cart. I wanted it to look like the toys were in the box and falling out! Once all my pages were covered and cut to the appropriate size, I used my BIA to bind the book together! It really was not hard, just getting the items on the front to line up and open correctly was tricky. I also didn't think about this until after but the shapes used on the front would need a back cover if (when opened) you could see the back side... hopefully that made sense! I added some cute poems and such to the book to personalize it a bit and added the baby's name to the front (with Thickers) and one of the inside pages (with Stickles)!

I think for my first gate fold book, it turned out pretty darn good. I really hope they liked it.


0 comments: