Mar 1, 2010

1st Birthday Card


Hi Everyone. I cannot believe it has been one month since I last updated my blog. I have been busy working on lots of projects so will have lots of stuff to post soon! On top of all that, I have really started my twins' baby books as they will be 2 this July and cannot put it off any longer!

I created this card for a dear friend's son who just celebrated his 1st birthday last week! I got the idea from Kerry on a quilted look for the top note cut. You can see her card here! This is just my take on the card. I used a sheet of card stock around the same size as the Top Note die cut from Stampin Up. I then used my handy dandy square punch to punch out different patterned paper to create the "quilt" look. I then glued them all down and ran my paper and die through my cuttlebug to cut the shape. I also cut another top note in a darker shade to mat the cut out. Add a bit of ribbon and the scallop tag with a computer generated sentiment and voila! I also inked the edges of the card with Momento Ink!

Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments: